Favorite moments/activities with your child

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Re: Favorite moments/activities with your child

Postby MJB » 08 Aug 2011, 23:30

Well, my "child" just turned 18 on Saturday...But, she did call me up at the office to wish me a happy fathers day. Came home to a cake she'd baked, and right across the top it said "I love my Dad".

I normally hate Mondays.. :)
Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
MJB
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 08 Aug 2011, 23:40

MJB wrote:Well, my "child" just turned 18 on Saturday...But, she did call me up at the office to wish me a happy fathers day. Came home to a cake she'd baked, and right across the top it said "I love my Dad".

I normally hate Mondays.. :)

Nice one, Mike!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Greek@Taiwan » 09 Aug 2011, 00:28

divea wrote:
Greek@Taiwan wrote:My daughter is just 5 weeks old, so my favourite activity so far, is singing to her! A mix of Greek lullabies, English and Chinese songs! I leave Taiwanese for her grandparents! I love it when she looks at me with those huge black eyes!

That is so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. My husband used to sing to my daughter, just hold her, rock her and sing her to sleep. Until she was 2.5 years, too heavy and had a sibling. He would look for songs, keep a ear out and rack his brains about what song he'd sing tonight. She would pick the song and he would sing it on replay for hours, she would refuse to sleep because she wanted to hear him sing. Then when the son went through a brief period of sleeping issues, he rocked him and sang him to sleep. It was bliss.
Oh and congrats!!!

Thank you Divea! I still can't believe that I am a father! I have been with my wife for almost 6 years now, married for the last 2 years! Life in Taiwan was beautiful before, now it's just......perfect! The whole singing thing started because my daughter has very big black eyes and black hair! So I was trying to remember every song that I know about girls with black eyes and black hair! (There are hudrends of those in Greek music) We made a habit out of it!
Greek@Taiwan
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Nuit » 09 Aug 2011, 08:16

Currently, playing the Foggy Day game. While walking to a favourite place, we pretend it's a really foggy day and have to turn off at all the wrong places, then find reasons why we're not where we should be.
"Oh this can't be the park, it's a house door."

Guaranteed to turn any 2 minute walk into a marathon :thumbsup:.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

74 Recommends(s)
101 Recognized(s)

Postby KathVic » 15 Aug 2011, 08:16

With my daughter, it was reading books to her until late at night-sometimes 1 or 2 am.
With my son, it's watching him play with my daughter and cuddling with him.
KathVic
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby Nuit » 07 Sep 2011, 12:14

She was playing up last night with Mum, so I called her over : "Hey, I've got something in my pocket". She trotted over, and as my pocket was empty, I thought fast, and took out a, er, an imaginery cat, and placed it in her pocket. Told her not to look at it, or it would disappear.

"But whose cat is it, daddy?"

"Mmm.. ah, it's Schrödinger's cat."

And so a 4 year old got an introduction to quantum mechanics. In the end we decided that as we couldn't see it, the cat might be in either one of her pockets. We also couldn't tell if it was asleep (aka dead, I know, I know) or awake, but it was definitely a girl cat and her name was Mandy :thumbsup:.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit

74 Recommends(s)
101 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 07 Sep 2011, 12:38

Nuit wrote:She was playing up last night with Mum, so I called her over : "Hey, I've got something in my pocket". She trotted over, and as my pocket was empty, I thought fast, and took out a, er, an imaginery cat, and placed it in her pocket. Told her not to look at it, or it would disappear.

"But whose cat is it, daddy?"

"Mmm.. ah, it's Schrödinger's cat."

And so a 4 year old got an introduction to quantum mechanics. In the end we decided that as we couldn't see it, the cat might be in either one of her pockets. We also couldn't tell if it was asleep (aka dead, I know, I know) or awake, but it was definitely a girl cat and her name was Mandy :thumbsup:.

That is hilarious. :bravo:

Recently, mine would be scuba diving, reading Lord of the Flies/watching the original movie, smashing baseballs at the batting cage, watching Death Valley. :thumbsup:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 07 Sep 2011, 12:49

Nice. :)

Right now, my favourite activities with Sprout are roller-strollering: "Hai yao, baba! hai yao!" is how she tells me to go faster. Her favourites are riding a tandem bike and going to hockey (which she talks about a lot more than she does).
"Baba go hockey and me go hockey too."
"Ok. Do you want to play hockey?"
"I'm too smsmaall."

Encore has nailed smiling, cooing, and drooling adorably when baba gets home. And that's enough to make the extra hours working both no big deal, and the time away all the more regrettable.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Parenting