Favorite moments/activities with your child

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Favorite moments/activities with your child

Postby Gryphon » 28 Jul 2011, 22:25

What's your favorite moment / activity with your child?

Currently, mine is trimming her nails.
Gryphon
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Re: Favorite moments/activities with your child

Postby dahsiung » 28 Jul 2011, 22:27

Well, with the baby, I love just sitting with her in a rocking chair giving her a bottle. If I'm lucky, she'll be looking up at me the whole time.

With the boy, my favorite part is taking him out on a walk and listening to him greet nearly every person that walks by. Sometimes he does it so suddenly and forcefully (Ah-yi! Ah-bei! Ah-kong-a!) that it startles people.
** Try to Laugh **
** Try to Smile **
** Try not to Cry **
** And enjoy your life **
*** Oh, and drink some tea ***
dahsiung
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

4 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 28 Jul 2011, 22:29

Gryphon wrote:What's your favorite moment / activity with your child?

Currently, mine is trimming her nails.

Cozy time with a bedtime story; driving him home from the nanny "Red light means we can GOOOOOO! HA HA HA HA!"; the swimming pool.
Waking up in the morning "Daddy WAKE UP! Look! It's a sunny day!"
(OK, I lied about that last one...)
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 28 Jul 2011, 23:07

Just the smiles and squeals of delight he uses, at 4.5 months, to greet me.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 28 Jul 2011, 23:22

Bedtime is a big thing, it means stories, snuggles, laughter and loads of love yyou kisses.

As we speak , the boy is playing with his cars, and the girl is working at the petrol station, while dad plays traffic cop and mom is researching how to make, and paint a wooden road 2-3 feet long complete with parking space for the boys' toy trucks and automobiles.

My older one loves to do school work so homework time is immensely satisfying too, her ability to read and write and me sitting next to her explaining and checking what to do while the little one carries on with his colouring is a great time.

Outdoors??
We spend 2 hours in the playground each evening - the exhilaration of the kids racing on their bikes, the younger one rides like the wind, the older on not yet 6 has left her training wheels behind and squeals in delight when riding down a slope. They hang onto monkey bars like monkeys and have blisters on their palms from traversing the whole thing. The way they just form an impromptu train with their freinds and go chugging around in the park, is fun. And they want me right by their side, 'Mom look, see, I did it'.

I love every moment spend with them.But I thank God for sleep and school!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 28 Jul 2011, 23:27

Global hide and seek.

Only kidding. Probably the moment she wakes up and smiles.
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby touduke » 30 Jul 2011, 14:41

When I pick him up from the kindergarten and he greats me "Hallo papa, wie geht's? (after 8 hours Chinese around him) we walk 10 minutes and then wait for the bus. We take this bus almost every day. We just ride around the city about 50 minutes until we alight at the same stop we got on and he is commenting on almost everything that's passing by - the same school, the same store, the same red light, the same police station, the same railway station - and he is so exited about it and eats his mantou with delight. Sometimes he starts to sing.
Forumosan avatar
touduke

67 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Greek@Taiwan » 08 Aug 2011, 20:37

My daughter is just 5 weeks old, so my favourite activity so far, is singing to her! A mix of Greek lullabies, English and Chinese songs! I leave Taiwanese for her grandparents! I love it when she looks at me with those huge black eyes!
Greek@Taiwan
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby divea » 08 Aug 2011, 23:10

Greek@Taiwan wrote:My daughter is just 5 weeks old, so my favourite activity so far, is singing to her! A mix of Greek lullabies, English and Chinese songs! I leave Taiwanese for her grandparents! I love it when she looks at me with those huge black eyes!

That is so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. My husband used to sing to my daughter, just hold her, rock her and sing her to sleep. Until she was 2.5 years, too heavy and had a sibling. He would look for songs, keep a ear out and rack his brains about what song he'd sing tonight. She would pick the song and he would sing it on replay for hours, she would refuse to sleep because she wanted to hear him sing. Then when the son went through a brief period of sleeping issues, he rocked him and sang him to sleep. It was bliss.
Oh and congrats!!!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby saddletramp » 08 Aug 2011, 23:17

Anytime really!

But, I would say when we go to the batting cages together, just my boy and I.
Or, when we go boogie boarding at the beach.
Forumosan avatar
saddletramp
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

113 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Parenting