Any Halloween events (for kids) 2011?

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Any Halloween events (for kids) 2011?

Postby marasan » 24 Oct 2011, 09:34

Any fun events scheduled for this weekend?
marasan
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Any Halloween events (for kids) 2011?

Postby tnchris » 26 Oct 2011, 12:38

Have not heard of anything...other than bar events for adults. I hope others reply to this if they have them. Amazing that an island focused on kids has not tapped into this holiday more.
tnchris
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby marasan » 26 Oct 2011, 17:00

tnchris wrote:Have not heard of anything...other than bar events for adults. I hope others reply to this if they have them. Amazing that an island focused on kids has not tapped into this holiday more.

I heard that there was a decent event at Carnegie's last year but I don't see anything on their website for this year. (Note to self: rent an abandoned building next year and set up a wicked haunted house for a week or two and make a killing).
marasan

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby GulottyRealty » 26 Oct 2011, 17:18

Every year, Tianmu will have a slew of events scheduled for Halloween weekend, including trick-o-treating, ghost haunted house, street fairs, flea market, performances, fashion shows, etc. This year is no exception. Stop by near the Tianmu circle (at the Zhongshan N. Road and Tianmu East/West Roads intersection) and you can't miss all the festivities!
GulottyRealty

Postby sandman » 26 Oct 2011, 17:43

marasan wrote:
tnchris wrote:Have not heard of anything...other than bar events for adults. I hope others reply to this if they have them. Amazing that an island focused on kids has not tapped into this holiday more.

I heard that there was a decent event at Carnegie's last year but I don't see anything on their website for this year. (Note to self: rent an abandoned building next year and set up a wicked haunted house for a week or two and make a killing).

Carnegies is doing a kids Halloween event this year. Oct. 30, from 3pm. NT$450 per kid. Costumes, prizes, goodie-bags, face-painting, a pinata, games. I got their email a couple of days ago. Carnegies usually do pretty good kids' events.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby marasan » 27 Oct 2011, 09:01

GulottyRealty wrote:Every year, Tianmu will have a slew of events scheduled for Halloween weekend, including trick-o-treating, ghost haunted house, street fairs, flea market, performances, fashion shows, etc. This year is no exception. Stop by near the Tianmu circle (at the Zhongshan N. Road and Tianmu East/West Roads intersection) and you can't miss all the festivities!

sandman wrote:Carnegies is doing a kids Halloween event this year. Oct. 30, from 3pm. NT$450 per kid. Costumes, prizes, goodie-bags, face-painting, a pinata, games. I got their email a couple of days ago. Carnegies usually do pretty good kids' events.

Thanks to both of you. We'll be going with one or possibly two other families so I'll have to consult with the others. (Note to self: Find out who GulottyRealty is if go to Tianmu and thank him in person. If go to Carnegie's find out who sandman is and buy him a shot of Jack Daniel's when his wife and kid(s) aren't looking.)
marasan

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby tnchris » 27 Oct 2011, 09:54

Thanks to both of you, also. The Community Services Center said I may want to check to see if any of the local shopping malls have events. Apparently they also put on some types of Halloween events, too, such as Living Mall (Core Pacific Center). Not sure what the event is like this year, though, but the Tianmu one sounds more interesting.

Cheers!
tnchris

Postby asiababy » 27 Oct 2011, 10:30

Hi,

I've been down with the flu so only just managed to put some things on my children's event/attraction blog this morning. So far, I have the activities at the zoo, the Carnegies event, the Tianmu activity page, and the Evil Eye haunted house (for ages 7 and up). I also have places listed for getting costumes on the blog, if you need help in that area.

http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby marasan » 28 Oct 2011, 08:04

asiababy wrote:Hi,

I've been down with the flu so only just managed to put some things on my children's event/attraction blog this morning. So far, I have the activities at the zoo, the Carnegies event, the Tianmu activity page, and the Evil Eye haunted house (for ages 7 and up). I also have places listed for getting costumes on the blog, if you need help in that area.

http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/

asiababy, thanks for that. Your blog is an excellent resource!
marasan

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Parenting