At last, some happy news

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

At last, some happy news

Postby pgdaddy1 » 09 Dec 2011, 01:30

A happy update on my situation, for anyone who may be interested. The mother of my first son (now five years old) has agreed to send him to an English tutor, so he can communicate with me better in the future. And she has even let me help find a tutor on Tealit. I'm paying her the extra every month to cover the tuition costs, and my goodness it's worth every dollar .....

So at last some happy news. Time really is a great healer, after all. I have one friend who was cut off completely by his Taiwanese ex when they separated, their daughter was three years old at the time I think, and he hasn't heard of her since. I am thinking how lucky I am, maybe I can't see either of my sons now, but there's a good chance that one day I will.

And advertising in Tealit has been a real eye-opener, by the way. I have had replies from teachers from English-speaking countries, with degrees, that couldn't even spell properly or put capital letters at the beginning of sentences ...... The kids of today, eh ?
Forumosan avatar
pgdaddy1
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

ORIGINAL POSTER
133 Recommends(s)
63 Recognized(s)

Re: At last, some happy news

Postby tommy525 » 09 Dec 2011, 01:44

IM sure a time will come when you two can be buds (you and your son). Just be there for him , he wont forget.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 09 Dec 2011, 01:48

That is good to hear. Well done.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/

This post was recommended by Tempo Gain (09 Dec 2011, 01:57)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

887 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 09 Dec 2011, 08:57

pgdaddy1 wrote:And advertising in Tealit has been a real eye-opener, by the way. I have had replies from teachers from English-speaking countries, with degrees, that couldn't even spell properly or put capital letters at the beginning of sentences ...... The kids of today, eh ?

That's what you get for advertising on Tealit. Advertise here and you'll get a teacher what knows proper speling. :cool:
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

30 Recommends(s)
117 Recognized(s)

Postby StuartCa » 09 Dec 2011, 09:12

Nice one PG, sounds like one of the ice queens may be thawing a bit. Hope it continues.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 09 Dec 2011, 09:15

Aye, things are heading in the right direction. Maybe they'll gather momentum.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby dan2006 » 09 Dec 2011, 09:17

Congratulations on that.. I hope it will be a start of a relationship with him.

I have been following your story and have felt bad for you as I read it.

I hope everything works out :thumbsup:
dan2006
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

61 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Postby tash » 11 Dec 2011, 02:04

pgdaddy1 wrote:So at last some happy news.

Are you the guy who asked for legal advice about returning to Taiwan (you live somewhere in SE Asia) and we all attacked you, as I remember?

I'm glad to hear this. Keep the positive perspective, as you'll need it for the long run. I hope your kids get the best out of their dad in the future.
tash
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

24 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby pgdaddy1 » 13 Dec 2011, 11:44

Thanks guys. Gives me hope for the future.
Forumosan avatar
pgdaddy1

ORIGINAL POSTER
133 Recommends(s)
63 Recognized(s)

Postby pgdaddy1 » 12 Aug 2012, 16:05

Some more happy news. Met up with my youngest and his mother in HK for 10 days. He's two and a half and talking so much. And going through his terrible two's in a big way ! Speaking to him has helped me improve my Mandarin no end, it's amazing that he understands pretty much everything I say in Mandarin. It was a magical time, splashing around together in the Gold Coast swimming pool, and the way he acted towards me- it's almost as if we hadn't been apart for a whole year. His mum tells me that since we parted he has been crying a lot saying "xiang baba". Things went pretty well with her as well, there may be a chance of reconciliation and living outside Taiwan together, which would probably be here in Malaysia. We will see what fate has in store .....
Forumosan avatar
pgdaddy1

ORIGINAL POSTER
133 Recommends(s)
63 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Parenting