Show us your kid! (2012)

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Re: Show us your kid! (2012)

Postby TaiwanTeacher » 30 Jul 2012, 15:37

@Bismark - Handsome boy you have there! My daughter very much loves being in the water, too! Let's get them together in Hualian someday... :D

She's four now, but this is when she was only one year old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCUSMTVU2SI
One's ability to be generous is only limited by one's lack of familiarity with being sincere.
TaiwanTeacher
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

32 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 30 Jul 2012, 22:59

TaiwanTeacher wrote:@Bismark - Handsome boy you have there! My daughter very much loves being in the water, too! Let's get them together in Hualian someday... :D

She's four now, but this is when she was only one year old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCUSMTVU2SI

Sounds like a plan! Love the video!! :thumbsup:

Don't want to look like a spammer, but we got a new helmet tonight!!! Woo Hoo! Good times!!

World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 31 Jul 2012, 15:41

divea wrote:
Wow!! Nice lads you've got!

Thanks Divea. If they had faces that would sour milk I'd still love them to bits.
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/

This post was recommended by divea (01 Aug 2012, 12:40)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

86 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 04 Aug 2012, 17:31

This morning was a very good morning.

tubing1 by sandman1, on Flickr
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 05 Aug 2012, 07:17

Great 'rafting' and he's loving it (oh to be that age again), but where on earth is that taken?
Rocks with edges and all, doesn't look like something that would be built here for kids.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
74 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby Omniloquacious » 05 Aug 2012, 11:22

Nuit wrote:Great 'rafting' and he's loving it (oh to be that age again), but where on earth is that taken?
Rocks with edges and all, doesn't look like something that would be built here for kids.

Built by Mother Nature, I'd guess. She builds them so much better than those made by human hands.
If I prioritized the acquisition of wealth above other purposes in life, I might still have come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but I doubt I would have remained here.
寸金難買寸光陰

This post was recommended by TaiwanTeacher (05 Aug 2012, 12:27)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

69 Recommends(s)
202 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 05 Aug 2012, 14:33

Omniloquacious wrote:
Nuit wrote:Great 'rafting' and he's loving it (oh to be that age again), but where on earth is that taken?

Built by Mother Nature, I'd guess. She builds them so much better than those made by human hands.

Indeed. Its just the crick (as you Murkins would call it.) To me, its the burn. You go to my house, climb up through the forest behind and over the ridge, down the other side and you're there. 20-minute walk or a 5-minute drive. He loves it even more than the swimming pool (and rightly so).
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 06 Aug 2012, 16:31

At the park yesterday Image
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 06 Aug 2012, 16:54

sandman wrote:
Omniloquacious wrote:

Indeed. Its just the crick (as you Murkins would call it.) To me, its the burn. You go to my house, climb up through the forest behind and over the ridge, down the other side and you're there. 20-minute walk or a 5-minute drive. He loves it even more than the swimming pool (and rightly so).

As it should be then. The lighting in that pic just made me feel that it was somehow indoors, or spotlighted.

And Db, yours looks almost - well, the best word is beatific - there.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit

ORIGINAL POSTER
74 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 19 Aug 2012, 13:24

She isn't really mine, but here she is anyway, my niece.

Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

86 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Parenting