Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Potty Training: Public Toilets, the Ultimate Enemy

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Re: Potty Training: Public Toilets, the Ultimate Enemy

Postby 914 » 13 Apr 2012, 22:15

Petrichor wrote:914, please stop posting new threads. You always manage to find topics that bring back memories I'd successfully repressed. :fume:

Haha, I'm sorry to bring back nightmares, but we're in the thick of it, so this type of thread is all I've got!

We have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-2-in-1-P ... 224&sr=8-3 but haven't had to use it yet. And I don't think I really want to either! Imagine carrying this thing around, and in Taipei city too. And we also have the Bjorn potty seat, but no way am I having that thing touch anything in public!

Gosh, diapers are sooo much easier aren't they? :wink:
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 14 Apr 2012, 07:14

914 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:914, please stop posting new threads. You always manage to find topics that bring back memories I'd successfully repressed. :fume:

Haha, I'm sorry to bring back nightmares, but we're in the thick of it, so this type of thread is all I've got!

We have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-2-in-1-P ... 224&sr=8-3 but haven't had to use it yet. And I don't think I really want to either! Imagine carrying this thing around, and in Taipei city too. And we also have the Bjorn potty seat, but no way am I having that thing touch anything in public!

Gosh, diapers are sooo much easier aren't they? :wink:

The solution is easy - just never leave the house.
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

83 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 14 Apr 2012, 08:18

You just go to take your kid whenever you're near a toilet, it's the golden rule. Take them, and ask them to wee - normally they will. Otherwise, when you're somewhere else, they'll suddenly pipe up that they need to go and they "CAN'T WAIT". That's the nightmare.

And the solution is often the parked car. My daughter's pissed behind several in town now, she's quite the expert.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

73 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Parenting