Baby Stuff

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Baby Stuff

Postby zmikers » 15 Apr 2012, 10:37

HI, my wife and I are trying to find a shop where we can not only buy, but also look at try out baby "stuff" strollers, car seats, playpens, cribs etc. We have been to many shops around Taipei and they have one, maybe two cribs on display and one stroller if your lucky. We want to find a place where we can see the different strollers on display and compare the products. Do these stores exist in Taipei? The closest we found was in Miramar, but it is really pricey there. Any ideas would be appreciated, Cheers!
zmikers
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Baby Stuff

Postby Dragonbones » 15 Apr 2012, 11:13

Er Nu Shi Bao, at Guangfu and Ren'ai, 2F. If you ask, their staff will pull strollers and car seats down off the shelves for you and demonstrate them and discuss their differences; they'll also assemble the strollers for you if ordering you a new one (rather than a display model). They're not as cheap as buying online, but you should expect to pay for such service. Above a KFC, I think, and an elevator is available, behind the door guard's desk. BTW, I'll move this to the Parenting subforum, where you might find more info on this and related topics.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby zmikers » 15 Apr 2012, 11:51

Thank you for the quick response. That shop sounds exactly what we are looking for. Cheers!
zmikers

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 15 Apr 2012, 12:01

We like this one: NewMamma, a complete baby store. (Nai3 Wa1 De3 Dian4)
For expecting moms, post-partum moms, and all stuff for babies under two. Huge.

B1 #64 Nanjing E Rd Section 5/Sanmin Road
02.2760.2111/02.8787.4636

It is behind the Watson's on Nanjing East Section 5.

Tons of stuff, strollers, toys, bottles, pumps, push trikes, etc. They were very helpful. It's in the basement, but they'll help you carry stuff up.
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 15 Apr 2012, 12:03

No prob! Er nu shi bao is on the SW corner, btw. NewMam(m?)a is bigger, but when we were there, we had great difficulty flagging down any staff to help us; there were too many customers. Maybe it was because it was a weekend. Er nu shi bao is a smaller store and if you go on a low-volume day, it's more pleasant.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 15 Apr 2012, 14:48

Newmama is good on weekdays, few customers and easy to find help. Weekend mornings are also OK.
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby zmikers » 16 Apr 2012, 17:02

So, we went to Er Nu Shi Bao yesterday and it was great. The staff was very helpful and really polite too, she even suggested to buy a few small things abroad and not from them to save cost. Very honest, I appreciate that a lot. We will check out newmama this week. Thanks again everybody!
zmikers

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Postby EKHuang » 16 May 2012, 09:19

Hi - I just posted a question on where to get organic products. I would like to get both food and things for the house (towels, blankets, clothing, etc.). Please let me know if you happen to know of a reliable place. Thank you!
EKHuang

Postby Isha » 16 May 2012, 15:43

I was told by locals that Taiwan-Organic Food items are not really organic as they do not stick to the protocol.
Isha

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Echang222 » 17 May 2012, 13:54

Following on Newmama comments above, I recommend going during the week for better service as well. I did go once over the weekend and could get anything done. :noway:
Echang222

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Parenting