Need to Find Elementary School in Tainan

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Need to Find Elementary School in Tainan

Postby jen2445 » 09 Jun 2012, 08:35

Hi All,

I am looking to move to Tainan in August with my daughter - she will be 5 in July and speaks no Mandarin. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on public kindergartens in the area that have been good for expat children and are not so extreme with homework/assignments. Right not she attends a Montessori school where the children are in a structured environment but free to choose their own work/activity. I would like to find a school that would be the best fit, i.e., one that is not too strict and either has an English program or teachers who speak English. Any help you can give me on this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
jen2445
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Need to Find Elementary School in Tainan

Postby pagodden » 25 Oct 2012, 17:24

The GongYuan Elementary School on Gonyuan Road, near the park is quite friendly.
There are only 3 classes per year, and occassionally there are foreign children there.
I am friends with an ex-teacher from that school, and she said that they were happy.
The school does not have an English program though.

Another school is
In Taiwan 3 years, want to start business here.
pagodden

3 Recommends(s)

Return to Parenting