Maternity hospital/doctor in Hsinchu

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Maternity hospital/doctor in Hsinchu

Postby babyinabackpack » 22 Jun 2012, 17:58

Hi all,
We are an expat couple with okay to intermediate basic Mandarin, living and working in Hsinchu and we have just found out we are pregnant after a very long time trying.
I went to Mackay Hospital last week and found the staff to be very rude and the doctor to be not very nice at all.
I have also heard some not very good things about birthing here.

I was wondering if anybody could recommend me a good hospital or clinic here to birth at that preferably spoke good English or Japanese, and that was open towards western ideals - ie, having my husband in the room with me when I give birth etc.

Or would we be better off travelling up to Taipei?
I would LOVE a waterbirth but I can only find information in Chinese about the hospital. Does anybody have any experience there? Would you recommend travelling up from Hsinchu to birth there? Are birthing costs covered by the public health care system? How much does it cost to give birth there?

We do not have a car, so we would be taking either a taxi or HSR if we decided to birth in Taipei.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
babyinabackpack
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

x

Return to Parenting