L.P.???

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Postby Dragonbones » 05 Jul 2005, 12:13

AniSll wrote:Small chicken chicken is xiao3 gi1gi1, which has the same meaning of xiao3 di4di4/di3di2, and the others you mentioned. This game was pretty popular among youngsters and some adults a couple years ago. LKK refers to Lao3 Kho1kho4 which is a slang "old" in Taiwanese, GY for Jee1 Wai1 (Wai1 has the same pronunciation of Y ) which has the same meaning as 機車 Jee1 Chu1(please correct my romanization, tks!) :cool:

Thanks! But we need to teach you Hanyu Pinyin:
The sound 肌 and 機 is ji1, not gi1, so that's 小雞雞 xiao3 ji1ji1, and GY is ji1wai1.

And is GY stronger than 機車?

Finally, why are the locals always calling it 小 something? :fume: that's so insulting! :lol:
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

36 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 05 Jul 2005, 12:16

Big Fluffy Matthew wrote:
miltownkid wrote:AAAAAHHHH!!! Wode LP!
This is the parenting forum, and after your incident you have no chance of being a parent, please stay on topic :p

OK, mods can move us to the Learning Dirty Chinese section. :cool:
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

36 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Postby amos » 05 Jul 2005, 12:24

Dragonbones wrote:
This is the parenting forum, and after your incident you have no chance of being a parent, please stay on topic :p

I'm more than happy with it here, mate. I hate it when when students scream to me "Teacher, so and so hit my little chicken!!" Damn Chinglish. That just wouldn't work anywhere outside of Taiwan, who in the hell would understand it.
Forumosan avatar
amos
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

Postby maoman » 05 Jul 2005, 12:39

It ("LP") is low-class. Of course, boys will be boys, and they go through a stage where words like boobies, dinky, etc. have a certain appeal. As parents, don't be fooled by the fact that the naughty words aren't in English, therefore they're ok. I don't know how strict you are, but genital references weren't generally allowed when I was a kid, unless one was referring to an injury, in which case, rules be damned, "that baseball hit me in the nuts!" :lol:

機車 (Ji Che, or "motorcycle") is a nice way of saying Ji Bai, which means cunt, but the connection has already been lost, in much the same way that "screw" has lost its association with "fuck". And saying something sucks no longer has the obscene connotation that it once had either.
Forumosan avatar
maoman

72 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbabe » 05 Jul 2005, 12:45

Dragonbones wrote:Thanks! But we need to teach you Hanyu Pinyin:
The sound 肌 and 機 is ji1, not gi1, so that's 小雞雞 xiao3 ji1ji1, and GY is ji1wai1.

Thanks!

And is GY stronger than 機車?

Yes.

Finally, why are the locals always calling it 小 something? :fume: that's so insulting! :lol:

Eh..... :saywhat: Actually is they're expecting their xiao3 ji1ji1 would "grow up" someday. :cool:
Good quality organic yarns and hand-dyed yarns

Yarn Passions炙愛毛線
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbabe
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Dragonbabe » 05 Jul 2005, 12:48

amos wrote:
Dragonbones wrote:

I'm more than happy with it here, mate. I hate it when when students scream to me "Teacher, so and so hit my little chicken!!" Damn Chinglish. That just wouldn't work anywhere outside of Taiwan, who in the hell would understand it.

That's true. Kids just find it funny saying it in Chinglish; they don't know that people who're not Taiwanese(or even some Taiwanese) have no idea what that is.
Good quality organic yarns and hand-dyed yarns

Yarn Passions炙愛毛線
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbabe

Postby irishstu » 05 Jul 2005, 12:48

Dragonbones wrote:

Hey man, no complaints here. Let them talk about their "xiao" bits and pieces if they like. I for one will be referring to my "da" LP from here on in. :wink:
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

42 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby Richardm » 05 Jul 2005, 12:49

Once when I was teaching in Kaohsiung, some of my students were playing the "get the foreign teacher to say something dirty" game. They wanted me to say "ji ji tou" and thought it was real funny until the Chinese teacher came in the room and they shut up really fast.
Richardm
"Drinks for the House!"

Previous

x

Return to Parenting