Funniest thing your kids have said or done.

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Re: Funniest thing your kids have said or done.

Postby Petrichor » 19 Jul 2011, 02:06

I was just driving home with my son (7)

Conrad: How much further to go?
Me: I don't know. I've lost track of where we are. I was looking at the clouds. Aren't they amazing?
Conrad: I'll look at the clouds for you.
You can look where you're going.
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

82 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Postby Kittee » 19 Jul 2011, 23:43

My girl is not quite 2 yet, so she rarely says things funny but she sure does things funny...

Example- see my avatar for one of her many expressions.

And upon eating her first ear of corn....

Asian by Proxy.
Forumosan avatar
Kittee
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 20 Jul 2011, 08:03

She's a realy cutie! You should post some more photos of her in the brag thread "Show Us Your Kid."
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

ORIGINAL POSTER
96 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby dahsiung » 20 Jul 2011, 18:10

Little Bear is quite smitten with his new little sister, Mini Bear. Her name in Taiwanese is Ah-Chhing, which he pronounces just fine. However, her English name is Aurora, which to my unending amusement he pronounces as "Aloha"
** Try to Laugh **
** Try to Smile **
** Try not to Cry **
** And enjoy your life **
*** Oh, and drink some tea ***
dahsiung
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

4 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby keroliver » 06 Sep 2011, 22:16

I didn't read the whole thread, but I want to share with you this dialogue I had with a Taiwanese Grade 1 little girl - a classmate of my son-. original dialogue in Chinese translated into English

- Hi, I have a house in America.
- Great, very nice.
- It is very big.
- Wow, very good.
- It is very tall.
- Wonderful... So please tell me ... where do you live in the States?
- I live on the 3rd floor.
keroliver
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

1 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 10 Oct 2011, 23:37

Me and M have just somehow invented a new imaginery friend, he's called Giant ZhangLang (蟑螂). He's tall, very friendly, loves dancing, and has come out to dinner with us the last couple of nights.

I'm so hoping he goes to school tomorrow, would just love to see the teachers' faces when they have to shake hands with "'my new classmate, Giant Cockroach."
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

73 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 11 Oct 2011, 03:06

My son, when he was about 3 years old, used to always bathe with imaginary turtles, and at the end of his bath would always insist on peeing on them. I think he did that because there used to be turtle toys for his bath here in Taiwan and maybe he remembered them in the states? I never have been sure of why, though. I have no idea why he felt the need to pee on them, either!

I took him out last night, (he's 8.5 now) and he was explaining to me about how he thinks he's ready to start dating girls. Then he said, he wasn't ready YET, because he's already 8 years old and he just hasn't found the right girl yet. He went on to explain that right now he's learning a lot of stuff about girls and he's pretty sure that by the time he's 10 he's going to know enough to be ready to date and that I should be thinking about this, because I'll always be his number one girl but, well, you know, mom, this is just a natural thing that all boys go through.

Ahhh. What a sweety I have. He's already thinking about cheating on me, but he's trying to let me down gently! Haha. Oh, I really am going to be at the back end of such a long, long line of younger women. I just hope I can delay them until he's a bit older than 10!
Forumosan avatar
housecat

ORIGINAL POSTER
96 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 11 Oct 2011, 08:05

housecat wrote:I took him out last night, (he's 8.5 now) and he was explaining to me about how he thinks he's ready to start dating girls. Then he said, he wasn't ready YET, because he's already 8 years old and he just hasn't found the right girl yet. He went on to explain that right now he's learning a lot of stuff about girls and he's pretty sure that by the time he's 10 he's going to know enough to be ready to date and that I should be thinking about this, because I'll always be his number one girl but, well, you know, mom, this is just a natural thing that all boys go through.

You're lucky you got to 8! M is 4, and she's already talking about marrying one of her classmates.... she's also managed to choose the class troublemaker, which isn't reassuring. I would far rather have a son and be able to check his dates and give advice ("Gosh, she's awful") than have a daughter and have to watch men queueing up to date her. That's going to kill me, I think.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit

73 Recommends(s)
90 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 11 Oct 2011, 09:12

Nuit wrote:
housecat wrote:I took him out last night, (he's 8.5 now) and he was explaining to me about how he thinks he's ready to start dating girls. Then he said, he wasn't ready YET, because he's already 8 years old and he just hasn't found the right girl yet. He went on to explain that right now he's learning a lot of stuff about girls and he's pretty sure that by the time he's 10 he's going to know enough to be ready to date and that I should be thinking about this, because I'll always be his number one girl but, well, you know, mom, this is just a natural thing that all boys go through.

You're lucky you got to 8! M is 4, and she's already talking about marrying one of her classmates.... she's also managed to choose the class troublemaker, which isn't reassuring. I would far rather have a son and be able to check his dates and give advice ("Gosh, she's awful") than have a daughter and have to watch men queueing up to date her. That's going to kill me, I think.

Oh, either way! Woe to the first loves!

And yes, my son has already been married twice, actually, and I wasn't invited to either wedding! He's forgotten those wives now, but I'll never forget!
Forumosan avatar
housecat

ORIGINAL POSTER
96 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 12 Oct 2011, 08:14

Housecat,

Your son sounds like he really thinks a lot of you, and you've raised him well to have him let you down gently!

The kids and I do a fair of bit of driving round together, so we have a good chance to have discussions. Last night's:

K (7) to his little sis H (5) : H, I know you like pretty things, but when you grow up and choose and a boyfriend, just don't choose the most handsome one. Choose one that is kind to you. I'm not going to choose the prettiest girl, I'm going to choose the one who is kind to people.
H: Why?
K: You want someone to buy you things, to cuddle you, to help you. Not just handsome or pretty.
Me: Oh, I was lucky, then, I got both.
K: Yes, you were. Daddy is very kind, and just a little ugly...
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Looking for like-minded parents, a friendly space to take your kids, and classes for English-speaking children? http://www.parentsplace.com.tw
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Parenting