sick of being insulted

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

sick of being insulted

Postby fu xiao » 16 Aug 2006, 17:13

Im fedup to the back teeth of people telling me that my child is oing to be ugly with a head larger than normal, im the white mother-to-be and my hubby is a Taiwanese...Why the fk do they have this rediculous racist mentality...why ohh why ohh whyyy????

They think cos im the white mum in this interracial marriage, that our baby will turn out to be a mutt...in other words ugly!

Now are these people egotistic or what??? And this is the only country ive been to that has such a fking hangup about what my baby will look like...I have never ever experienced the like anywhere else in the world..

Jezzz im angry... :fume:
fu xiao
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby redwagon » 16 Aug 2006, 17:18

Hmm, that's odd. The wife and I don't plan to have kids and the usual response to that is, "oh, but half-breeds are so (intelligent | attractive!" :idunno:
IIWY I'd further confuse these morons by saying you're not 100% sure that you're the mother. :wink:
Signature censored.
redwagon
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

1 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 16 Aug 2006, 17:19

That's weird, and it also contradicts my impression of the reactions of locals to mixed babies. I have been told over and over again how beautiful the Taiwanese think mixed babies are. :cool: So relax -- not everyone here is a jerk. :wink:

I'm sure you'll have a lovely child, and wish for you all the best! :rainbow:
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
97 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 16 Aug 2006, 17:28

Big head? Taiwanese have big triangular heads ... 've never seen that in westerners ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
61 Recognized(s)

Postby navillus » 16 Aug 2006, 17:45

white man + Chinese woman = cute baby

Chinese man + white woman = ugly baby

Ugghhh... now I'm confused :loco:
"collective madness is called sanity"
Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
Forumosan avatar
navillus
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 16 Aug 2006, 18:00

navillus wrote:white man + Chinese woman = cute baby

Chinese man + white woman = ugly baby

Ugghhh... now I'm confused :loco:

I've heard this before from (supposedly) intelligent, (supposedly) educated people. Genetics? Pah! No, we'll just stick with folk superstition, thanks very much. :roll:

fu xiao - I'm sure your baby will be lovely. Every time someone says something like that to you, give a little chuckle, and think to yourself "well, I'm glad I'm not as ignorant and uneducated as that fool". Because that's what they are - ignorant and uneducated.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

102 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 16 Aug 2006, 18:00

I like redwagon's response the best. Sometimes people are just so thick, it's best just to say something outrageous. If they're as dumb as they appear, it'll cause their synapses to fire out of sequence, and if they've just inadvertently put their foot in their mouth, they'll know what you're doing and be embarrassed. Either way, it'll shut 'em the fuck up.
Congratulations, by the way. Of course your kid'll be gorgeous -- they always are. :wink:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 16 Aug 2006, 18:53

All of them are ugly as all get out when they get out. But once you've cleaned it off, just fine.

Don't sweat the dickheads: they know not what they say.

:)
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby piwackit » 16 Aug 2006, 19:49

I'm a white woman married to a Taiwanese man as well and like a previous poster mantioned most people assume our kids will be above average intelligence, looks and goodness knows what else.
Certified Birth Doula http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Activity center for families www.parentsplace.com.tw
Forumosan avatar
piwackit
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

6 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Re: sick of being insulted

Postby MJB » 16 Aug 2006, 19:54

fu xiao wrote:Im fedup to the back teeth of people telling me that my child is oing to be ugly with a head larger than normal, im the white mother-to-be and my hubby is a Taiwanese...Why the fk do they have this rediculous racist mentality...why ohh why ohh whyyy????

They think cos im the white mum in this interracial marriage, that our baby will turn out to be a mutt...in other words ugly!

Now are these people egotistic or what??? And this is the only country I've been to that has such a fking hangup about what my baby will look like...I have never ever experienced the like anywhere else in the world..

Jezzz im angry... :fume:

Take a deep breath, relax and check out this this thread
Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
MJB

6 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Parenting