Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Daycare/pre-school in Songshan area

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Daycare/pre-school in Songshan area

Postby Harold » 14 Oct 2006, 13:13

Harold's wife posting:
I work around Minsheng and Fuxing and we are going to move downtown (or at least closer to my office around New Year) so I am looking for a daycare for my daughter who will then be 19-20 months old (right now she has a Taiwanese babysitter who speaks Chinese to her).
We are moving mainly because I am tired of commuting (from Yangming Shan) and wasting so much time in public transportation while I could spend time with her. So I don't really want to have to run to the other side of town to go pick her up.

We would like to find a shool with the following specifications:

Area: Songshan (Minsheng E. R. Sec. 3, Fuxing N. Rd, Dunhua N. Rd)
Language: Chinese exclusively (or very little English)
Public prefered but private also ok
Daycare must accept children under 2
A lot of physical activities, arts and crafts and a lot of playing (no structured classes, no homework :eek: )
Loving teachers and staff
Healthy food (I don't think you can actually find this in Taiwanese schools...)
Reasonable tuition

Would appreciate any advise.

Beya
Harold
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby piwackit » 14 Oct 2006, 20:24

Beya, I've ben meaning to tell you I was around Minsheng E. Rd Section 5 last week and saw a small school that accept babies from 0-3 years only. Are you interested in that area? If so I'll go find the number for you, I wrote it down somewhere... :oops:
Certified Birth Doula http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Activity center for families www.parentsplace.com.tw
Forumosan avatar
piwackit
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

6 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Harold » 15 Oct 2006, 09:54

Yes that would be great! Thanks A.
Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window. (Courtesy of Jack Handy)
*Thanks*Xie Xie*Shukran*Spasiba*Shukria*Gracias*Arigato*Tarima Kasi *Kamsahamnida*Khawp khun khrap*Dziekuje*Danke*Merci*Grazie*Do Xia*
Harold
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby monoclub » 17 Oct 2006, 10:48

I might be talking about the same school, they just moved from Da'an Park to a large open school near Fuxing and Minquan. The teach to student ratio is about 1:4, both of my kids attended this school, the teachers are Montessori trained.
Call Ivy Chuang 0935 518 875.

Geoff
monoclub
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Parenting