Crib advice? (type to get or avoid, where to buy etc.)

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Re: Crib advice? (type to get or avoid, where to buy etc.)

Postby Dragonbones » 06 Dec 2010, 18:20

My sister-in-law swears by hers, which is why we were looking to get or make one. Also, I'd read about babies that pull a shawl off, exposing mom. As for slings, apparently some are cut wider, and work better as covers. I'm clueless on this so far, though.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
38 Recommends(s)
97 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 06 Dec 2010, 18:23

Dragonbones wrote:My sister-in-law swears by hers, which is why we were looking to get or make one. Also, I'd read about babies that pull a shawl off, exposing mom. As for slings, apparently some are cut wider, and work better as covers. I'm clueless on this so far, though.

We've all been exposed :lol: ........and luckily we had the baby to blame it on! Kidding!! But yeah even covers get kicked around also, babies love looking at mom and around and even turning their head away momentarily to take in their surroundings, the cover is just a hindrance. Again, just my perspective, maybe other moms especially at parent pages will give you better insight.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

353 Recommends(s)
115 Recognized(s)

Postby DiaFun » 07 Dec 2010, 00:38

divea wrote:
Dragonbones wrote:My sister-in-law swears by hers, which is why we were looking to get or make one. Also, I'd read about babies that pull a shawl off, exposing mom. As for slings, apparently some are cut wider, and work better as covers. I'm clueless on this so far, though.

We've all been exposed :lol: ........and luckily we had the baby to blame it on! Kidding!! But yeah even covers get kicked around also, babies love looking at mom and around and even turning their head away momentarily to take in their surroundings, the cover is just a hindrance. Again, just my perspective, maybe other moms especially at parent pages will give you better insight.

Neither of my kids would EVER put up with any kind of cover and I think they're stupid anyway. My rule was, if an adult is allowed to eat here, a baby is allowed to eat here too. Full stop.
Argue for your limitations and they're yours. -- Richard Bach, Illusions
Forumosan avatar
DiaFun
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

5 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby piwackit » 07 Dec 2010, 10:04

I used my sling for two years with EACH of my three kids and I found it my single most inportant piece of equipment. I used a Maya Wrap which was one of the orignals way back when. It has two steel rings, which never slipped and en extra long "tail" which I could use as a nursing cover. There are instructions here on how to make your own sling and I may even have a couple of exra rings around if you're interested https://www.mayawrap.com/n_sewsling.php
Certified Birth Doula http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Activity center for families www.parentsplace.com.tw
Forumosan avatar
piwackit
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

6 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby baberenglish » 27 Dec 2010, 09:28

my son is three....he always slept by himself...we moved the crib around when he was young and then upgraded to the adjustable ikea bed..not the cheap ikea kiddies bed-the one that can be moved from 120 cm to 180 cm-about $9000 NT.
if money is a concern, because we only used our crib for a year....ask around...we got ours from a relative...but just because it's free doesn't mean it's good. look around on the net, people are selling them all over the place.
i strongly suggest not sleeping with your baby...first of all, it's very dangerous....second, babies don't have the strength to maneuver around...don't listen to other people that say sleep with the baby..put the crib in your room, yes, but don't have the baby in your bed...
Forumosan avatar
baberenglish

13 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Parenting