Double strollers and bike trailers

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Double strollers and bike trailers

Postby LaBlanca » 07 Mar 2011, 08:25

First, the strollers. Does anyone know where I can find a double stroller? (preferably jogging) Or should I just bring one from the US? Or buy one online and have it shipped?
Repeat questions for a bike trailer for kids.
LaBlanca
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Double strollers and bike trailers

Postby horo36 » 07 Mar 2011, 09:46

I haven't seen here double jogging strollers, so I would bring one from the US. Shipping is quite expensive.
Please keep in mind that commuting and moving around with such a stroller here will be quite a challenge. Most of the streets are quite narrow, the average entrance to the shop is also "single stroller" size.
Forumosan avatar
horo36
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

13 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 07 Mar 2011, 10:24

I looked at a bunch of strollers locally, but didn't see anything I was happy with for packing two wee ones. A buddy at hockey had a Phil & Ted's, and that immediately struck me as the way to go. Picked this one up, secondhand, back in Canada.
Pricey though. Even secondhand, this Sport model cost us better than NT$12,000. Worth it though.

There's a second seat that can be fitted to the back, or above the main seat. Tried it out with Sprout and her cousin, who's much the same size, and it works great. Very sturdy, maneuverable, adjustable, and no wider than the single-seater we used to use.

And you shouldn't have any problem jogging. :)
(At least, not with one. I've only tried rollerblading with the second seat on the stroller once, and it wasn't bearing any weight, so it rattled a bit.)

Until our second arrives, we're using the second seat when grocery shopping, and never have to carry anything home. Once the second arrives, I may order a pair of saddlebags that fit over the rear wheels. Don't add much to the width, and it's a lot easier and more pleasant when you're out and about for a while. I'd definitely recommend getting the rain cover and saddlebags.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby dosvog2002 » 11 Mar 2011, 08:26

Costco have bike trailers at the moment. About 5-6000NT and they look reasonably well made.
dosvog2002
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby LaBlanca » 13 Mar 2011, 13:46

Thanks for the guidance! It seems like taking ours with us will be the best option. One more reason for passerbys to engage us in conversation. :wink:
LaBlanca

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Parenting