PHO: what and where?

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

Re: PHO: what and where?

Postby Deuce Dropper » 02 Jun 2012, 12:31

The Booted One wrote:If your looking for authentic, small stands run by actual Vietnamese people would be your best bet. There is one in an alley off of the TongHua night market. If you walk into the market From the JiLong Road side you will come to an alley on your right that has two stinky tofu stands. Turn right, walk about 30 meters and the stand and small shop is on your left. The woman is Vietnamese and has great Pho, Vietnamese sammies etc.

Interesting. I buy Vietnamese fairly often in the same night market but at a different stall. There is another Vietnamese lady at the West end of the night market (between Tonghua and Anhe) who sells Pho, Boon, spring rolls and heroes. She is really good as well.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

93 Recommends(s)
463 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Food & Drink