Urine Eggs

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

Moderator: ceevee369

Urine Eggs

Postby TainanCowboy » 03 Apr 2012, 15:34

OK...I was not sure if this should go in the "Food" forum, the "Health & Fitness" forum or the "this is just fucking weird" forum.

As the title says...Eggs...hard boiled eggs...done in the urine of virgin Chinese boys...(commence puking)
(video - Reuters)
Urine eggs a delicacy in China (2:06)
"March 29 - Eggs boiled and simmered in urine of virgin boys are a popular springtime snack in eastern China. Michaela Cabrera reports" ( Transcript at link)
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Re: Urine Eggs

Postby sandman » 03 Apr 2012, 15:46

TainanCowboy wrote:OK...I was not sure if this should go in the "Food" forum, the "Health & Fitness" forum or the "this is just fucking weird" forum.

As the title says...Eggs...hard boiled eggs...done in the urine of virgin Chinese boys...(commence puking)
(video - Reuters)
Urine eggs a delicacy in China (2:06)
"March 29 - Eggs boiled and simmered in urine of virgin boys are a popular springtime snack in eastern China. Michaela Cabrera reports" ( Transcript at link)

The latter, TC. The latter. I've had those eggs. Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, they are not soaked in the urine of pre-pubescents. I guess some folk'll believe pretty much ANYTHING. Explains Fox News, I suppose.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 03 Apr 2012, 16:54

Easter is coming up. You know...
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

71 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 05 Apr 2012, 21:23

It seems a few other news outlets have picked-up on this Chinese 'delicacy'.....

A local resident puts some eggs into boys urine in Donyang.
Urine-cooked eggs a delicacy in China city: ‘Virgin boy eggs’ are spring tradition in Dongyang
Funny video also at link.

'Urine eggs' considered a delicacy in China city
15 pics at link for article about these 'egs'
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
------
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 06 Apr 2012, 09:43

So, I guess these would be Pee Eggs rather than Tea Eggs.

I hope we don't see these in 7-Eleven here on the island.
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
------
------
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Food & Drink