rice-crust pizza

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

rice-crust pizza

Postby clickety_clack » 11 Apr 2012, 07:38

In other parts of Asia, it's possible to get rice-crust pizza. Ie: The pizza base dough has been made from rice (or other grains) and is hopefully gluten-free. Does anyone know if it exists in Taiwan?
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things ~
clickety_clack
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recommends(s)

Re: rice-crust pizza

Postby cranky laowai » 11 Apr 2012, 09:03

Several years ago Pizza Hut introduced a rice-based pizza called a "mizza" (米zza). I don't know if it's still on offer or not.
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

37 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 11 Apr 2012, 14:11

I dunno about pizza base, but a friend gave my wife some pasta made from rice a little while ago, and she absolutely RAVED about how good it is. It came from Australia, though.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Abacus » 11 Apr 2012, 22:00

Pizza crust is really easy to make and they have gluten free flour at Jason's so you're set.

Now where can I get some soy cheese? My diet is a little limited with gluten and lactose intolerance.
Abacus
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

105 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 11 Apr 2012, 23:16

Abacus wrote:Pizza crust is really easy to make and they have gluten free flour at Jason's so you're set.

Now where can I get some soy cheese? My diet is a little limited with gluten and lactose intolerance.

What's the difference between soy cheese and firm tofu? Just curious. By the way, have you tried organic wheat flour and organic milk products? I'm told that sometimes what people interpret as intolerance is actually a reaction to some of the pesticides, hormones etc. added to the non-organic versions of products. Just something to consider. Of course, you'll know better what you've tried and haven't. :)
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
97 Recognized(s)

Postby Abacus » 12 Apr 2012, 00:06

Looks like I'll be doing a little research on firm tofu but I think there is definitely a difference in flavoring. I did however find some easy DIY soy cheese recipes so I might be working on that in the next couple of weeks.
Abacus

105 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Return to Food & Drink