carbonated salt water

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

Re: carbonated salt water

Postby jimipresley » 21 Apr 2012, 13:24

Um. Carbonating machine. Cheap. Water. Salt. Fresh lemon juice. No-brainer. :neutral:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1024 Recommends(s)
387 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 21 Apr 2012, 15:22

jimipresley wrote:Um. Carbonating machine. Cheap. Water. Salt. Fresh lemon juice. No-brainer. :neutral:

Fancy label, shit hot advertising, people posting pics on facebook, it will become a big brand seller.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 21 Apr 2012, 18:05

Taiwan Luthiers wrote:So what is the purpose of adding plasticizers to the drink? Did they suddenly decide that they want to make a few million people sick or something so they decided to add plasticizers to the drink, or is there any cost saving involved?

I mean all they really have to add is water, sugar, salt, flavoring, etc. to make sports drink. I don't get the logic here.

To make it look cloudy (suspending particles) and have a 'smooth' mouth feel ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby pengyou » 22 Apr 2012, 06:19

Yes, the plasticizers are often added to give things a "creamy taste" :(
pengyou
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Toufen, Miaoli....yeah, basically in the middle of nowhere :)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby sergiumahine7 » 28 May 2012, 07:31

Sports drinks...in some ways are better than what I am talking about because they have other electrolytes;but they also have sugar -usually a lot! What I am talking about is only water, salt, co2 and maybe some no-sugar flavoring, like lemon or lime.
sergiumahine7
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Dragonbones » 28 May 2012, 10:20

Buy some club soda (aka soda water, sparkling water, or seltzer) and add salt and a squirt of lemon juice.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby Teddoman » 28 May 2012, 10:35

Buy a personal carbonation machine. You can buy the syrups I think or just don't add any, and add salt instead.

Look up Sodastream International for more info
Teddoman
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

12 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Food & Drink