i use: high-end kitchenware

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

i use: high-end kitchenware

Postby Dragonbones » 14 Aug 2012, 12:11

This place was mentioned by AntsyAmy, and after a few visits, I think it deserves its own thread:

AntsyAmy wrote: i use 專業餐飲器皿專門店
台北市民權東路6段18-3號
No.18-3 Sec.6, Minquan E.Rd., Taipei Taiwan
TEL:(02)27939588
E-Mail:iuse@justshine.com.tw
http://www.justshine.com.tw/
http://www.nextstop.com/p/jXt-9XWj1OQ/i ... %E5%BA%97/

They carry some high-end, overpriced stuff, but not everything is outrageous; you can get oven-safe ramekins in various sizes for around NT$23-35, for instance, and the top-end pepper mills by Peugeot, while they seem pricey at a little over a $1000 NT for the smaller sizes, are actually around the same price on Amazon, certainly when you include shipping. Same for the awesome copper and stainless Mauviel cookware; it's pricey, but I don't think you'll get it for less at Williams & Sonoma, either.

People have talked about ice cream makers lately, but I didn't see the inexpensive Cuisinart at Costco this week. i use has two models of it, the older one being on sale for around $2900 I think, and the other a couple hundred more, plus they actually have the one with its own compressor in stock (five figures, though).
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
39 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Food & Drink