Trinity Indian Foods Store and other ingredient sources

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

Trinity Indian Foods Store and other ingredient sources

Postby Loretta » 07 May 2004, 18:05

Every time I go into Trinity - Indian Foods store - close to City Hall MRT I have the strangest conversations.

It starts with 'buy 2 bags instead of 1', proceeds rapidly to 'what else can I sell you', and culminates quickly with 'want to buy a digital camera?' The guy, his name is Jobi, is a total nutcase and will not stop. Blah blah blah, 5.1 megapixels, blah blah, how about an indian cookbook, blah blah, very cheap, blah blah, special offer, blah blah, look at these pictures, blah blah, try it for yourself, blah blah, some punjabi spices? No? How about some indian music VCDs? And so on. Actually it's kind of fun and I can't help liking the guy.

Anyway, I somehow gave him one of my email adresses. Here are his latest offerings, for which I take absolutely no responsibility. This is a shameless ad on their behalf, but someone may find it useful:
Hi,

Excellent offers with Fujitech 5.1 Mega Pixels Camera.

( offers valid until May 10 th)

New arrivals :

Multi Media Card - 256 MB,512 MB

CD R - 700 MB, 52 X
===============================================

Dear Friends,

Are you interested in digital and wireless products ?

We have the dealership of Fujitech and if you need any of their products like Digital Cameras,Pendrive with MP3,Wireless Products, Flash Memory Products, Networking Products etc, pls don't hesitate to contact us.All these items are available at our Super Stores.

Pls have a look and realize the uniqueness.

It is our pleasure to inform you that we can offer the following
Fujitech products with handsome prices.

DIGITAL CAMERA - 5.1 MEGA PIXELS . ( Spl offer till May 10 th)

DIGITAL CAMERA - 3.1 MEGA PIXELS
SD CARD - 128 MB
Multi Media Card - 64 MB,128 MB
Multi Media Card - 256 MB,512 MB
BATTERY CHARGER,110-240 V
FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
FLASH STORAGE DRIVE - 64 MB, 128 MB
BLUE TOOTH ADAPTOR -
CLASS 1
BLUE TOOTH ADAPTOR -
CLASS 2
WIRELESS STICK
CARD READER / WRITER -
6 IN 1
PC CAMERA
WIRELESS KEY BOARD & MOUSE
CD R - 700 MB, 52 X
HARD DISK ENCLOSURE
PEN DRIVE with MP3,VOICE RECORDER & F.M. RADIO

Pls visit their web site http://www.fujitech.com for more product information.

Note : All products carry one year warranty.

Thanks & Regards,

Jobi Paul

And this one

Hi,

New Arrivals:

1) Black Channa

2) Fresh Frozen Samosa

3) Maida

4) Indian Pure Ghee

========================
Dear All,

Indian Spices are the STRENGTH of India & Indians.

We take pleasure to introduce our company as a leading importer and distributor of Indian spices ,Indian spice Masalas,Indian Instant Food Mixes, Pulses ,Pickles, Snacks ,Sweets etc in Taiwan.

Kindly refer the updated price / product list.

Should you have any requirement for INDIAN SPICES AND FOOD PRODUCTS, please do contact us and we would be most pleased to offer our excellent services.

The history and culture of Indian spices is probably as old as human civilization itself. The Vedas, the Bible and the Quran are all replete with references - direct or indirect - to Indian spices. The earliest literary record in India on spices is the Rig Veda (around 6000 BC), and the other three Vedas - Yajur, Sama and Atharva

Ecofarming is widely practiced and popularised in India with the availability of bio pesticides, bio agents and organic manures. India is capable of supplying a wide range of organically grown spices from white pepper to vanilla and spice products from tamarind paste to vanilla powder/butter. Organic herbs commercially cultivated in India are Basil, Rosemary, Mint, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Oregano & Sage and are used for culinary purposes and medicinal/cosmetic applications. The rich and varied agro-climatic condition/zones in India offers vast scope for commercial production of a variety of herbs from Mint to Parsley to Oregano.

No country in the world produces as many kinds of spices as India. At present, India produces around 3.2 million tonnes of different spices valued at approximately 4 billion US $, and holds the premier position in the world. Because of the varying climates - from tropical to sub-tropical to temperate-almost all spices are grown in this country. In almost all of the 27 states and seven union territories of India, at least one spice is grown in abundance.

Indian Spices are the STRENGTH of India & Indians.

Thanks & Regards,

Jobi Paul

Their address is:

M/s. Trinity Super Stores,
2 / F, NO : 137, Zhongxiao East Road,
Sec 5, Taipei,Taiwan.

MRT station : Taipei City Hall MRT Station,Exit # 4, Two Minutes straight walking.

TEL: + 886 2 27567992 , FAX :+ 886 2 27568042

Email : jobi@trinityworldwide.com
URL : http://www.trinityworldwide.com
Loretta
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 07 May 2004, 18:19

Pretty droll hard sell but who cares? They sold me as soon as I saw "black channa." I've never seen them here before and they're much tastier than normal chickpeas.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Indian store in Taipei.

Postby igorveni » 03 Mar 2005, 17:06

Have you ever been in this store?, is it any good?
I'd like some fine curry powder.
http://trinityworldwide.com/tss/
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Indian store in Taipei.

Postby Chris » 03 Mar 2005, 18:04

igorveni wrote:Have you ever been in this store?, is it any good?
I'd like some fine curry powder.
http://trinityworldwide.com/tss/

Never been there, but it looks like they've got a damn good selection of stuff. I gotta chec kit out
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

86 Recommends(s)
194 Recognized(s)

Postby Juba » 03 Mar 2005, 18:18

I've been past it. It is on the 2nd floor of No. 137, Section 5, Zhongxiao East Road - on the north side of the road, east of the Jilong Road junction and the filling station, very close to the exit of Taibei City Government MRT station.
Forumosan avatar
Juba
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 03 Mar 2005, 19:12

Brown & Poison Custard Powder NT$40.00

This sounds yummy!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Joesox » 03 Mar 2005, 23:09

Great! A lot of the spices I used to buy from Asian supermarkets in Britain. Never tried the hair oil though.
Joesox
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

7 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 06 Apr 2009, 21:12

Not only is this Trinity place a nice store, but they'll even deliver islandwide. :discodance:
Email them and ask for a pdf listing of their products; then email them a shopping list, and they'll tell you the bill including shipping; you wire the money and then they ship.

0926270233 (Hotline)
137/2F Zhongxiao E Road,Sec 5
Taipei, Taiwan.
Tel : +886 2 2756 7992 (Direct)
Fax : +886 2 2756 8042 (Direct)

gurvind at trinityworldwide dot com
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 06 Apr 2009, 22:44

A nice store indeed, nice people running it. Been digging those "Jordan's fennel" type candies. Bought an Indian cookbook that I'll prolly never use lol
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

320 Recommends(s)
314 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 07 Apr 2009, 00:29

I'll take it off your hands if you want. I'm eager to learn Indian.
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Food & Drink