DIY baking supply / supplies

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

DIY baking supply / supplies

Postby bushibanned » 10 Oct 2005, 19:10

Moderator note: A large list of baking supply stores nationwide can be found here on page three of this thread. --DB

WCIF a pan to bake banana bread?
Forumosan avatar
bushibanned
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby jdsmith » 10 Oct 2005, 21:07

I was at the Far East Department Store last week and got a glass baking dish for brownies. You should check your local Dept. Store, ask around the appliances section for a kao pan.

But if anyone knows a KILLER baking goods place, please let me know!
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 10 Oct 2005, 21:31

off Shi-Da road near the welcome. it's the alley that leads to the head of the market behind the welcome, next to a coffee shop/pasta place, called mama's I believe. a lot of baking stuff, fairly expensive, but a good selection of hard to find stuff.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

331 Recommends(s)
325 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 10 Oct 2005, 23:30

Hola
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 21 Jan 1996

Postby igorveni » 11 Oct 2005, 09:51

This is the ultimate place for baking goods. You'll find EVERYTHING you need from all kinds of flour to pans of all kind of shapes and much more.
They are specialized in baking goods.
Thanks to Enigma who answered one of my earlier post this year!
Ming Lo No. 125
Directions:
Go up Zhongshan North road from downtown Taipei. Turn left at Minsheng West Rd. which is the main road next to Mackay Hospital. Go about 2 k. to Ming Lo street and turn right. Go to number 125. This is in the Di Hua area and is near the a DaDou wharf and is next to the police station (or damn near it anyway) It is a non-descript looking store front typical of others in the area but they have a front window stacked high with restaurant size cans of various foods so it's not too hard to spot.
Phone number 025534495 and 025578104-5
Fax 025534527
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 11 Oct 2005, 09:58

igorveni wrote:This is the ultimate place for baking goods. You'll find EVERYTHING you need from all kinds of flour to pans of all kind of shapes and much more.
They are specialized in baking goods.
Thanks to Enigma who answered one of my earlier post this year!
Ming Lo No. 125
Directions:
Go up Zhongshan North road from downtown Taipei. Turn left at Minsheng West Rd. which is the main road next to Mackay Hospital. Go about 2 k. to Ming Lo street and turn right. Go to number 125. This is in the Di Hua area and is near the a DaDou wharf and is next to the police station (or damn near it anyway) It is a non-descript looking store front typical of others in the area but they have a front window stacked high with restaurant size cans of various foods so it's not too hard to spot.
Phone number 025534495 and 025578104-5
Fax 025534527

THANKS! :notworthy: :rainbow:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby jlick » 12 Oct 2005, 09:43

Another option is the Tailung Hands store in Breeze Center, on I think the 6th floor. Anyways, it's 1 floor up from the Kinokuniya book store and 1 floor down from the movie theater.
SUBWAY™ eat fresh! Free wireless Internet access at both Jimmy's Sandwich Company locations:
SUBWAY™ Qingcheng Restaurant: Urban One 1F #1 Qingcheng Street, Taipei. (Nanjing East Road MRT station)
SUBWAY™ Minquan Jilin Restaurant: #74, Section 2, Minquan East Road, Taipei.
Forumosan avatar
jlick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

9 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 12 Oct 2005, 10:14

I know of at least 4-5 baking supply stores ... in Shulin (1), Taipei - Dihua, Minsheng S. Rd area (2), Yonghe near #4 park (1), Sanxia (1).

The thing is ... I know where they are, can go there but don't know the exact addresses or phone# :D
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 12 Oct 2005, 10:42

Oh, when I think of it now ... I know for at least 3-4 more in Taipei ... but they are more geared to the (semi)-professional bakers ... but will sell and carry products you could use at home ... some do actually both ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Postby AWOL » 12 Oct 2005, 10:57

belgian pie wrote:Oh, when I think of it now ... I know for at least 3-4 more in Taipei ... but they are more geared to the (semi)-professional bakers ... but will sell and carry products you could use at home ... some do actually both ...

I'd be interested in learning more about where these ones are? thx.
Forumosan avatar
AWOL
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Food & Drink