where can I find organic food + other food problems

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

Postby axiom » 25 Nov 2004, 11:52

There's yet another organic food store in Tianmu. It's on the same street as Takashimaya. If you were to walk on that street (on the same side as Takashimaya) towards ZhiShan MRT station it would be about half-way. It's on a corner with a stop-light across the street from a 7-11. It says something like "organic and vegetarian market" on the sign, in English.
ohh lord, stuck in ol' Linkou again.
axiom
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

organic vegetables and compost

Postby craighy » 30 Apr 2005, 15:21

Hi, I recently heard about a man, a frenchman, that makes compost here in Taiwan(Taipei) and grows organic vegetables. I was wondering if anyone knew about him or where I could find out more about him. I'm just interested in finding out more. I heard about this person from my Chinese teacher recently.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
craighy
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby zorrianna » 01 May 2005, 11:59

I don't know about this guy, but I know many organic food stores!if you want to know some of them tell me and i can tell you where a few are.
zorrianna

Postby craighy » 02 May 2005, 12:34

Yes thanks I'd appreciate that info and if you know of any Health Food stores that sell herbal teas and other health related foods. I suppose stores that sell organic foods would also deal in related goods.
If you could tell me of any stores in Taipei city that would be great as well as any in Taipei County, I live Shi-Jir, if there are any. Thank you!
craighy

Postby expat newbie » 02 May 2005, 14:05

Know of any good organic health stores in the Xinyi area?
expat newbie
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby zorrianna » 02 May 2005, 14:09

the only ones I know are near Da'an MRT, Da'an Park, and a huge one, 4 floors, between the taipower building MRT stop and Gongguan MRT.
zorrianna

Postby Mucha Man » 02 May 2005, 16:25

zorrianna wrote:the only ones I know are near Da'an MRT, Da'an Park, and a huge one, 4 floors, between the taipower building MRT stop and Gongguan MRT.

Where specifically are the ones near Da'an Park and Da'an MRT? Which streets?

The one south of Taipower is Cottonfields, right?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

707 Recognized(s)

Re: organic vegetables and compost

Postby damafen » 11 May 2005, 18:26

craighy wrote:Hi, I recently heard about a man, a frenchman, that makes compost here in Taiwan(Taipei) and grows organic vegetables. I was wondering if anyone knew about him or where I could find out more about him. I'm just interested in finding out more. I heard about this person from my Chinese teacher recently.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

The Sept 2004 issue of Taiphoon was on composting and they profiled foreigners composting and such. They might have an answer.

http://taiphoon.pristine.net

thetaiphoon@yahoo.com
damafen

Postby clee19821013 » 06 Jun 2005, 11:38

craighy wrote:Yes thanks I'd appreciate that info and if you know of any Health Food stores that sell herbal teas and other health related foods. I suppose stores that sell organic foods would also deal in related goods.
If you could tell me of any stores in Taipei city that would be great as well as any in Taipei County, I live Shi-Jir, if there are any. Thank you!

There are many other variaties to herbal teas in Taiwan if you don't mind the price (NT 2000 to 3000 for a can, of course there are cheaper ones), they're certainly organic. I haven't been back to Taiwan for a while, but if you want I can ask my friend about a real good tea place when I chat with him on the phone next time.
clee19821013

Organic Food Stores

Postby jae » 04 Apr 2009, 20:58

Is there any list online of organic food stores, preferably near the Xinyi area? Or even any organic food stores that have an online site?

I would like to find things like organic Flaxseed Oil, organic meats and seafood (or "natural" hormone/antibiotic free), etc.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
jae
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Food & Drink