where can I find organic food + other food problems

This is the place for Forumosans to post recipes, cooking tips and culinary-related discussions.

Re: Organic Food Stores

Postby patagonia » 20 Mar 2011, 06:13

Kaohsiung also has a nice supermarket in the basement of the Hansin Arena. It is either in, or is very close to Zuoying. Try http://www.hanshinarena.com.tw/

Jasons probably has better choice but this place might be less pricey.
Patagonia

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on, it is never of any use to oneself"
patagonia
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

Making salads with organic vegetables

Postby syrianrue » 25 Mar 2012, 21:22

Back in the states I would usually go to the supermarkets or whole foods market and get bags of organic vegetables or salad mixes so i can make salad myself at home.

I do see pre-made slad boxes at 7-11 and some other places, but the portions are really small and it's pretty expensive for the contents it holds. Does anyone happen to know a good place to buy organic ingredients to make a salad with?
syrianrue
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Re: Making salads with organic vegetables

Postby Dragonbones » 25 Mar 2012, 22:00

This is basically a search for organic vegetables. We have numerous threads on where to find organic produce, here:
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/search.p ... uthor=&fid[]=98&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I'll merge your thread with the most general of those. Note that most supermarkets (including Wellcome, Matsusei (Songqing), Carrefour, etc.) now have a small section of 有機 organic veggies. Look for those characters. There are also small organic stores (often several) in many neighborhoods. Look for "有機" you3ji1 on the signs. There are at least four in my neighborhood of Donghu, for instance.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
97 Recognized(s)

Whole Foods

Postby Rockefeller » 28 Mar 2012, 23:54

Did a quick search and couldnt find much on the forum so starting a thread to ask: Does Taipei have Whole Foods or an equivalent supermarket that sells organic/natural products?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

65 Recognized(s)

where can I find organic food + other food problems

Postby headhonchoII » 29 Mar 2012, 09:37

We'll from the previous posts you will have your answer, have had this question asked also just recently in the forum.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1473 Recommends(s)
549 Recognized(s)

Re: Whole Foods

Postby Icon » 29 Mar 2012, 10:32

Rockefeller wrote:Did a quick search and couldnt find much on the forum so starting a thread to ask: Does Taipei have Whole Foods or an equivalent supermarket that sells organic/natural products?

No, no Whole Foods. :doh:

We have local organic supermarkets like Tienho, Santa Cruz and others.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."

TOMMY WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE AVATAR BUSINESS!
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

593 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Re: where can I find organic food + other food problems

Postby Rockefeller » 29 Mar 2012, 15:54

headhonchoII wrote:We'll from the previous posts you will have your answer, have had this question asked also just recently in the forum.

Yep, I noticed the thread has been merged. Going to check out two of them today. It's been a while since the thread was started so will let you guys know if they're still running.
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

65 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 29 Mar 2012, 18:35

Tanhou, Cottonfield etc. are all still in business; organic stores have increased in number AFAIK.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, & cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients, as well as many of those ingredients themselves, at our shop in Donghu (Neihu). Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
97 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 29 Mar 2012, 19:59

So went to two of the stores today, the supermarket just outside of exit one of the Fuzhong metro station and the Orange minimart at Banqiao station. They're both still operating, except... no fresh, young delicious coconuts are sold in either stores. :(

I recall someone mentioned a "Jason's" by Taipei 101, so I might give that a shot next... Dragonbones - where would Tanhou and Cottonfield be located?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

65 Recognized(s)

Re: Whole Foods

Postby Rockefeller » 29 Mar 2012, 20:06

Icon wrote:
Rockefeller wrote:Did a quick search and couldnt find much on the forum so starting a thread to ask: Does Taipei have Whole Foods or an equivalent supermarket that sells organic/natural products?

No, no Whole Foods. :doh:

We have local organic supermarkets like Tienho, Santa Cruz and others.

Hello Icon, would you mind sharing where these two stores are at?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

65 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Food & Drink