Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Best gym in Taipei?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Best gym in Taipei?

Postby AliceM » 21 Aug 2013, 06:27

Hi everyone.

We are relocating to Taipei from USA. I currently attend Lifetime Fitness where I attend Tabata, Barbell, Strictly Strength, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga (Hatha & Hot), FIT classes. Our gym has an indoor/outdoor swimming pool.

Is there such gym in Taipei? Where is the best gym (cost not a factor)?

I plan to find a gym first and then an apartment close by :-).

Thanks
Alice

FYI..I am licensed to teach Zumba, Zumba Gold, & Aqua Zumba.
AliceM
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Best gym in Taipei?

Postby BrentGolf » 22 Aug 2013, 19:28

I've been a member of True for a long time and I'd definitely say it's the best gym to join in Taiwan if you're looking for a comprehensive gym.

True Fitness is for weightlifting ( they also have yoga, dance, kickboxing, spin, all those specialty classes ) and it's at Guting Station.
- They also opened a second location somewhere, but I haven't been to it yet.

True Yoga is purely for Yoga, and the two main locations are Asia world ( Nanjing station ) or Taipei City Hall station.

True Dance is for specific dance stuff and from what I hear they have everything from hip hop to ballroom dancing, both classes and actual clubs with competitions etc. It's also conveniently located in the Dong Chu area.

So it sounds to me like you'd want to just get yourself an "all club" True membership and go nuts. That's what I have and it's great. True also has gyms in several other countries if you happen to travel a lot for business.
Market leading investment returns with unparalleled risk management. Aspiring to help people rid themselves of the burdens of the financial industry and get on the right track to financial freedom.

http://www.VolatilityTradingStrategies.com

http://www.ProsperitasAssetManagement.com

http://www.BrentGolf.com
BrentGolf
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

Postby calitotaiwan » 22 Aug 2013, 22:26

The closest all around gym for your needs might be Worlds Gym. They took over California Fitness (which is also owned by same company as 24hour fitness).

Otherwise, you gotta find Yoga studios which are scattered about.
calitotaiwan
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Bantam99 » 10 Oct 2013, 15:49

California Fitness used to be good because it was owned by 24 fitness and you can use your US membership here for 2 months free at a time. Now it's owned by World
Bantam99

In Taiwan since: 01 Jan 2013

Postby Bantam99 » 10 Oct 2013, 15:50

California Fitness used to be good because it was owned by 24 fitness and you can use your US membership here for 2 months free at a time. Now it's owned by World Gym. World Gym is the most convenient since they have many gyms at good locations. The price is too much for Taiwan. You're basically paying US prices per month.
Bantam99

In Taiwan since: 01 Jan 2013

Postby gavmasterflash » 16 Oct 2013, 15:51

I think the best gyms in Taipei are the district sports centers. I can post the link for those later, but there is one in every district of the city, and they don't require a membership. You can just pay 50 NT each time you show up and use them!

http://taipei543.com/2013/08/28/sport-centers/
gavmasterflash
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

In Taiwan since: 01 Jul 2012

Postby O3 Fitness » 17 Oct 2013, 20:02

Well we're making a good effort at being the best. Bumper plates and olys allowed almost everywhere, advanced cardio equipment, monkey bars, a bouldering climbing wall, complete boxing and kickboxing area, medicine balls, battle ropes, infinity rope, olympic rings, plus a lot of fun classes and professional instructors.
Open Monday to Saturday 7AM-10PM
thecrew@o3-fitness.com
http://www.o3-fitness.com
(02)27032324
Cheers!
O3 Fitness

In Taiwan since: 09 Oct 2013

Postby jhschaffer » 30 Oct 2013, 18:21

How's your bouldering wall? I'd been looking for a decent place since I moved here and gave up.
jhschaffer

In Taiwan since: 15 Mar 2013

Postby Deuce Dropper » 30 Oct 2013, 23:07

If cash isn't a problem go to World Gym in Taipei 101. The classes are not at the level selection wise that you will find back home, but this is likely as close as you will get.

For Yoga, shop around, my missus likes Space Yoga which is also centrally located.
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

Postby xjones » 07 Nov 2013, 11:47

My husband, teenager son and I go to Formosa Fitness. It's an excellent gym, it has enough for a great workout and the trainers are very good. The price is very reasonable and is close (like 5 minutes walking distance) to Guting MRT Exit 8. They also have classes, Kettlebells, Strength Training and Olympic lifts I believe. I'm very pleased with the progress I made during my strength classes and really enjoying the one-on-one training as well. We attended recently a Strength Camp and is was very good. My son is in excellent physical condition and he felt challenge. My husband and I felt very challenged and learned a lot. It was wonderful.

I highly recommend Formosa Fitness and I'm convinced this is the best gym in Taipei.

Their physical address is
XiaMen St. Lane 25, #2, Taipei, Taiwan 106

Website
http://www.formosafitness.com/
xjones

In Taiwan since: 0- 8-2013

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Health and Fitness