Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Go to Fulong beach from Taipei

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Go to Fulong beach from Taipei

Postby Celticguy » 20 Jun 2013, 23:37

Hi, I'm a recent arrival to Taiwan (great country btw :) )and I was hoping to go to Fulong beach.
I don't know how the metro works exactly as I only got here two days ago nut I'm wondering; how would I get there (via bus or metro) to Fulong beach from the Da'an district in Taipei city?
Can I get there just be the metro or what buss can I get?

Any help would be great.

I know I'm a useless foreigner ;)
Celticguy
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Go to Fulong beach from Taipei

Postby ironlady » 20 Jun 2013, 23:39

I don't think the MRT runs quite that far. I always took a train from Taipei Main. I think there are buses from that area of the city as well.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
ironlady
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
In Taiwan since: 20 Jun 1984
Gruntleness: Semi-gruntled

Postby Steve4nLanguage » 21 Jun 2013, 00:22

I go to Fulong quite often from Taipei.

Take the MRT to Taipei Main Station. Follow the signs to get to the TRA (Taiwan Railway Association) where you can purchase a train ticket to Fulong. If it's the weekend, however, you may have a hard time getting a seat (you can always get a non-reserved ticket and chance standing the entire way).

You can also take the bus, which will guarantee you a seat. Kuo Kuang Bus#1811/1812 (國光客運, also called King Bus) goes between Taipei and Fulong. Catch the bus at Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A.

How to get to Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A: Once you exit the MRT at Taipei Main Station, look at the signs and maps on the walls, and look for Station Front Metro Mall and the "Z" exits. Make your way toward the mall and Z exits. At exit Z3, go up some stairs to ground level and you'll be right at the Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A. This site even has photos to guide you: http://taipeitoairport.blogspot.tw/2012/05/best-way-to-get-to-taoyuan-airport-from.html. When you arrive in Fulong you'll exit at a huge parking lot with a visitor's center.

Hope this helps. By the way, you aren't a useless foreigner :cool:
People are buying an exotic, hairy, white-skinned person who makes strange noises, and that's what they're selling to the parents, too. — ironlady
Steve4nLanguage
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

In Taiwan since: 15 Apr 2008

Postby tommy525 » 21 Jun 2013, 00:25

There are buses from the Main station to Fulong. The ride along the coast once past Keelung (Jilong) is really nice. But the easiest way is to go by Train from Taipei Main Station. Take the MRT to the Main Station. Then buy tickets at the TRA ticket station on the main floor.

Be aware that Taipei Main Station has the MRT subway, the TRA regular trains and the HSR high speed rail.

You want to get tickets for the TRA trains heading to the East Coast of Taiwan. They have different ticket stations for WEst Taiwan and East Taiwan.

Most any trains stop in Fulong. Take the Taroko Express OR the new Puyuma Express (newer version of the Taroko express).

Will be less then an hour with these trains. Up to 90 mins on slower trains. The train ride is nice too. Good scenery and lots of tunnels.

It may be easier to go there by train and then take the bus back. Just board any bus that said Keelung (Jilong) (and transfer from there to Taipei via many local trains or buses) or TAIPEI. The TAIPEI buses will likely be heading towards Zhongxiao E. Rd and/or Taipei Main station.

There are buses from Keelung (Jilong) to Fulong as well.

oh, someone already posted bout the train :)
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Celticguy » 27 Jul 2013, 03:05

Lads you are amazing
I have no excuses now. I'll be there in no time :)

I'll probably take the bus for convenience and the view. I took a bus ride before and I feel I got to see the true slice of Taiwan. Also it is cheaper :)
Celticguy

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby headhonchoII » 27 Jul 2013, 07:05

It just so happens that that train ride has awesome views in parts.
Claim to fame: smoothly cruising towards no.11 no.10 on all time greatest poster list.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Mucha Man » 27 Jul 2013, 10:08

OP, get a guidebook. Any guidebook. Even one for Thailand if only to remind you that such things exist to help a newbie in a strange country. :wink:
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

https://www.facebook.com/taiwantemples
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Novaspes » 29 Jul 2013, 01:34

OT, I know, but OP, be advised that Fulong is like a circus in these weeks: I can't believe how many people manage to squeeze on that beach and in the village.
Novaspes
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 29 Jul 2013, 01:54

tommy525 wrote:
Most any trains stop in Fulong. Take the Taroko Express OR the new Puyuma Express (newer version of the Taroko express).

No, no, no, Tommy. Fulong is but a fly past for most express trains. Puyuma stops at Songshan and Yilan, and Taroko doesn't stop at Fulong either.
OK, it's not a magazine. It's just shit that happens: here. http://news.thewildeast.net
Charlie Phillips
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby Novaspes » 29 Jul 2013, 02:00

One needs to get a Fu-Hsing Local Train to be able to get off in Fulong.
Novaspes

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Travel in Taiwan